Dr. Samantha Winemaker Awarded 2018 Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care!
Congratulations to Dr. Samantha Winemaker on being awarded the 2018 Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care.
This prize is awarded in honour of Dr. Elizabeth J. Latimer, pioneer and internationally renowned Palliative Care physician and educator. The prize provides an opportunity to honour not only Dr. Latimer, but also other colleagues whose work continues to pave the way for growth and improvement of end-of-life care in our region.
The Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care recognizes a palliative care clinician, teacher, researcher, or administrator who best represents the spirit of Dr. Latimer through a record of advancing palliative care in the McMaster catchment area and has demonstrated:
- a commitment to compassionate, comprehensive palliative care to patients and their families &
- a commitment to interprofessional collaboration and support &
- a spirit of pioneering, trail blazing, and innovation &
- initiative and perseverance that has resulted in the advancement of palliative care
As well as at least 2 of the following:
- excellence in clinical care
- excellence in teaching and the development of academic thought
- outstanding leadership and support for colleagues
- participation in policy or system development at the regional, provincial or national level